Contact / Location
SpezialForschungsBereich SFB F013
JK Universität Linz
Hochschulfondsgebäude HF 235
Altenberger Straße 69
A-4040 Linz / Urfahr
Office: +43 / 70 / 2468 - 7174
Fax: +43 / 70 / 2468 - 7179
You can reach us
The campus is right next to the "Dornach" exit of the A7 - Mühlkreisautobahn, with Passau, Salzburg and Vienna all being roughly a 1:30 hours drive away.
Linz is a railway hub with Intercity lines connecting it to Vienna, Salzburg/Munich, Passau/Nürnberg and Prag.
From the railway station, you can use
- a taxi (15 minutes, some 10 Euro)
- a non-stop speed bus (only in the early morning)
- purchase MIDI ticket from ticket machine at tram stop in front of railway station (~1.40 Euro, no change given)
- take the tram line 1 or 2 (direction "Universität")
- get off at "Universität";
- from there it is a 3 minute walk to our department.
Except for a few times per day, there is no decent connection between the airport Linz-Hörsching and the city or university at the moment. Taxis (some 30 Euro) and rental cars are available.